Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Can't find Metal Gear Solid on PSN

MAJOR EDIT: PLEASE READ THIS!Please disregard this entire thread. What I didn't realize was that my account apparently had ESRB restrictions on it, so I couldn't access M-rated stuff. :lol:We solved the issue. Don't mind me!Can't find Metal Gear Solid on PSN
You looked in the PS1 Classics section right?Can't find Metal Gear Solid on PSN
[QUOTE=''athenian29'']Everybody claims that the original Metal Gear Solid, for PS1, was released on Playstation Network. I've looked in every nook, cranny, and orifice of that confounded store and still can't find it.I've looked in both the PC Media Go software and the PSP in-system store. I can't look on PS3, because I don't have one.Could somebody PLEASE explain what the heck I need to do to get to it?[/QUOTE]It's there. Under PS1 classics. You obviously haven't browsed it enough because im looking right at it. it's 10 bucks.
[QUOTE=''Rollinfromhell''][QUOTE=''athenian29'']Everybody claims that the original Metal Gear Solid, for PS1, was released on Playstation Network. I've looked in every nook, cranny, and orifice of that confounded store and still can't find it.I've looked in both the PC Media Go software and the PSP in-system store. I can't look on PS3, because I don't have one.Could somebody PLEASE explain what the heck I need to do to get to it?[/QUOTE]It's there. Under PS1 classics. You obviously haven't browsed it enough because im looking right at it. it's 10 bucks.[/QUOTE]I was looking right where it should be. Under PS1 Classics. I didn't see anything starting with ''Metal.'' I even used the search function, and all I saw were the Peace Walker demo and the full download for Portable Ops Plus. No original MGS.
What country do you live in? It's available through the NA PSN, for sure. I got it awhile ago and I've seen it every time I cruise the PSOne list. It's there, in alphabetical order, if you are on the North American PSN. Aussie, South American, or European PSN may be a different story.
Isn't it ironic that you can't find a game that's all about stealth? :P
[QUOTE=''Flame_Blade88'']Isn't it ironic that you can't find a game that's all about stealth? :P[/QUOTE]Lmao I just realized that.
[QUOTE=''Flame_Blade88'']Isn't it ironic that you can't find a game that's all about stealth? :P[/QUOTE]XD
I don't know if it's in alphabetical order where you are, it doesn't appear to be to me, but just go through the psone and just search , it's not hard to find, I've got it.
[QUOTE=''Flame_Blade88'']Isn't it ironic that you can't find a game that's all about stealth? :P[/QUOTE]



Oh, you're very funny.
[QUOTE=''MonkeySpot'']What country do you live in? It's available through the NA PSN, for sure. I got it awhile ago and I've seen it every time I cruise the PSOne list. It's there, in alphabetical order, if you are on the North American PSN. Aussie, South American, or European PSN may be a different story.[/QUOTE] I AM in North America, as it happens. And I swear to god, I've looked everywhere! It just isn't there!*sigh*Could somebody show me EXACTLY where they found it? Because I've looked all over the ''M'' section, and can't find anything.
media go > ps one classics > (page 2) >metal gear solid (it's in the middle of the list - game on top of the list is ff8 bottom game of the list is rally cross) If you don't see it, contact sony I think.
[QUOTE=''anbu-black-ops'']media go > ps one classics > (page 2) >metal gear solid (it's in the middle of the list - game on top of the list is ff8 bottom game of the list is rally cross) If you don't see it, contact sony I think.[/QUOTE]



Your instructions are wrong, from my end. Top of the list is Final Fantasy Tactics, and the bottom of the list is Reel Fishing.



Maybe I'm missing some other games too? :?
Just get ''REEL FISHING'' instead.
[QUOTE=''MonkeySpot'']Just get ''REEL FISHING'' instead.[/QUOTE]



Heh heh... Thanks, but no thanks. I'm hell-bent on Metal Gear Solid - if I can find the cursed thing...
It is in the PS1 classics, please look for it, it's there.
No kidding, it's there. If you use a PSP to access the PSN, it's in the PSOne Games, fifteenth row down, on the left side, under ''Medal of Honor'', to the left of ''Mobile Light Force'', and above ''''Oddworld: Abe's Exodus''. If you can't find it after everything you've been told here, you have a much bigger problem in life than not downloading ''Metal Gear Solid''.
[QUOTE=''MonkeySpot'']No kidding, it's there. If you use a PSP to access the PSN, it's in the PSOne Games, fifteenth row down, on the left side, under ''Medal of Honor'', to the left of ''Mobile Light Force'', and above ''''Oddworld: Abe's Exodus''. If you can't find it after everything you've been told here, you have a much bigger problem in life than not downloading ''Metal Gear Solid''.[/QUOTE]I swear on pain of death, I'm telling you the truth when I say it's not where you say it is.I'm looking under ''PS one Classics'', 15th row down like you said. I'll list all my ''M'' options:''Medal of Honor''''Medal of Honor: Underground''Medievil''''Mobile Light Force''I'm looking EXACTLY where you claim MGS should be, and it's not there.I'll go see if I can borrow my mom's camera, and take a picture.
I'm making the call of Shennanigans, kiddo. You're just working people's nerve here. I don't care if you have a picture of Kennedy's killer in mid-shot, I've lost interest in helping you.
[QUOTE=''MonkeySpot'']I'm making the call of Shennanigans, kiddo. You're just working people's nerve here. I don't care if you have a picture of Kennedy's killer in mid-shot, I've lost interest in helping you.[/QUOTE]Well, you're really helpful. Look, I've got two shots here. I know they're crummy, but they're the best I could do - our camera wouldn't focus closer than 1 foot away. :(It's hard to tell, but the games are:Top row: The King of Fighters '99, Medal of Honor, Medal of Honor: UndergroundMiddle row: MediEvil, Mobile Light Force, Nuclear StrikeBottom row: Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus, Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee, Pandemonium!I took these photos about 10 minutes ago, and uploaded them about 5 minutes ago.Now could somebody PLEASE explain what the heck is going on?

No comments:

Post a Comment