Wednesday, April 14, 2010

PSP Slim Charge Problem.

OK, I have a Used PSP Slim.



When I plug a working charger into it (Tested on another PSP) it does take the Power. It does not charge the Battery. It does not turn on when the battery is out and the charger is in.



It does USB charge if a battery is in the PSP and I go into USB Mode.



Those are the ''symptoms''. As for possible causes, I think that it is either:



A faulty part going from the yellow power jack in the PSP to the motherboard.

A Fuse gone out in the back of the PSP (I was messing around with the [broken] UMD drive and I may have nicked a fuse)

Something that I am unaware of.



Any Ideas as to how to figure out the cause of the problem, let alone any solutions to this problem? NOTE: The Warranty is voided on my PSP, so I'm not afraid to open it up.PSP Slim Charge Problem.
There's a topic similar to this. Why won't you read that?PSP Slim Charge Problem.
I did. I read about many situations similar to this one on this website and on several others, and none of them told me all of the imformation that I need to know, nor were the situations similar enough to mine..



And If there is one and I am overlooking it, a link to said topic would be much appreciated.
[QUOTE=''tekken220'']There's a topic similar to this. Why won't you read that?[/QUOTE]

Ya man no offense but he is new give the guy some slack.



Personally sounds like you need a new DC port. http://www.hyratech.com/product.php?productid=7612%26utm_source=become%26utm_medium=cse%26utm_campaign=export_feed#become



I would either check the plug and make sure it is clicked in to place correctly and if it is you might have a loose connection or a wire is screwed up... I could see if you messed up opening it it would have maybe pinched one of the wires.
Thanks. I was really hoping I wouldn't have to fix a fuse. I've already checked the connection, but replacing a wire isn't that hard. Just a replacement wire, a little bit of duct tape and you're set to go.
[QUOTE=''Xoah12'']Thanks. I was really hoping I wouldn't have to fix a fuse. I've already checked the connection, but replacing a wire isn't that hard. Just a replacement wire, a little bit of duct tape and you're set to go.[/QUOTE]

While it could possibly all boil down to a conductor problem some of the places it could break are soldering fixes so if you are not mechanically inclined I would not attempt it.
OK, I just took out the Yellow AC Adapter. I plugged it in (While out of the PSP) and put a voltmeter on the correct leads on the plug that goes into the Socket on the Motherboard. It read 5 volts, so I guess that it's not the adapter. Any other ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment