Wednesday, April 14, 2010

psp online gameing

I just recently bought a used psp and it came with a game called ATV offroad fury blazin trails.The game has online play so i thought i try it out but it wouldnt let me connect online even though I could use the internet browser just minutes before i tried this. The internet im using uses WPA-PSK (TKIP) is that the problem? is the psp like the ds and can only use wep or no security? or is it just certain games can use different security settings?psp online gameing
When you scan for a connection, does it pick it up? There might be security or a firewall blocking you from accessing it. I can get on the Internet fine at my friend's house on my PSP but my DS wouldn't connect so that might be your problem.psp online gameing
Yes when I scan it picks it up and I can use the browser just fine, its just playing that game online that I have a problem with. Ya I think wpa means I have security but why would it let me use the browser but not play the game online?
Are you absolutely sure that game supports on-line play? Like with the DS there are 2 sorts of multiplayer - local (called Ad-hoc) which only works with another person in the vicinity and then on-line - you should check the box the game came in!
yup, it does have online multiplayer for sure, but when it shows the network connection im using, the letters are dark gray and it wont let me click on it.
[QUOTE=''rickatick'']yup, it does have online multiplayer for sure, but when it shows the network connection im using, the letters are dark gray and it wont let me click on it.[/QUOTE]Maybe the connection you already have set up isn't fast enough. Games - even the miniature ones - oftentimes need broadband to play online.
I do have broadband wireless and even when I put my psp right next to the modem nothing happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment