Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Handheld pain

Hey guys, im just wondering what position you guys play handhelds in? Every time i play my psp , and when i used to play my GB i always get a sore neck and i have never been able to find a posititon where it doesnt hurt. Ive tried everything i can think of but my neck always hurts and i even get bad headaches sometimes.Handheld pain
How long are you playing for before you get these pains. Usually, after about an hour and a half or so, I stop and take a short break. Just going out for a cigarette is usually long enough to keep from getting sore when I play.Handheld pain
I usually lie in bed or put my elbows on a desk.
I haven't had this problem, but avoid hunching over and avoid sitting in the exact same position for more than 20-30 minutes at a time, tops.
I use various positions - laying on the bed - sitting on the sofa - sitting in an ''office'' chair with my feet up :D:DRarely do more the 90 mins without a break though
I constantly switch, but it's my wrists that always end up hurting
[QUOTE=''blacknight06'']I constantly switch, but it's my wrists that always end up hurting[/QUOTE]yeah, same thing for me. i switch every 10 - 20 mins
I might just start using the cable to hook my psp up to my tv.

I was curious though if it was just me.



Night its usually after around 10 mins



Had such a headache yesterday i vomited.
I usually play PSP laying down on my bed.
The majority of my play time is in bed and i have suffered neck pain after 2 hours of use. the new issue for me that has never happened before with my 1000 and 3000 is that with my GO, my hand gets cramped after only an hour of playing. I know its the way that im holding it but i dont think its that much different from my earlier models
Mostly laying in bed or sitting on a couch.
i suggest that u take a rest at regular intervals and also try laying flat which doesnt put as much stress on the hands or neck.hope this helps :)
[QUOTE=''JonnyJ97'']i suggest that u take a rest at regular intervals and also try laying flat which doesnt put as much stress on the hands or neck.hope this helps :)[/QUOTE]yeah i know. yet i dont put the psp down nor do i stop. its just to fun
[QUOTE=''hotfiree'']I might just start using the cable to hook my psp up to my tv.

I was curious though if it was just me.



Night its usually after around 10 mins



Had such a headache yesterday i vomited.[/QUOTE]



if the headache caused you to vomit, then that is a bad sign. check with a doctor. it could be more than just the psp giving you headache and you might need your vision checked or get prescription glasses.
[QUOTE=''jasontdoto''][QUOTE=''hotfiree'']I might just start using the cable to hook my psp up to my tv.

I was curious though if it was just me.



Night its usually after around 10 mins



Had such a headache yesterday i vomited.[/QUOTE]



if the headache caused you to vomit, then that is a bad sign. check with a doctor. it could be more than just the psp giving you headache and you might need your vision checked or get prescription glasses. [/QUOTE]

Thanks for the concern, but i play my ps3 for as many if not more hours and no headaches at all. Its because my neck ends up so bent from the psp
play with my hand on the table.i tried hanging my psp while laying on my bed.not a good idea. good for watching movie though..if only there is an accessory that can make psp feel like ps controller.
Patapon is giving me sore wrists and elbows... And fingers...
Im normally sitting on a chair or lying somewhere when im playing mine.
[QUOTE=''longtonguecat'']Patapon is giving me sore wrists and elbows... And fingers...[/QUOTE]likewise, so i play it now lying down and only using my thumb since the d-pad just moves the camera.
[QUOTE=''hotfiree'']I might just start using the cable to hook my psp up to my tv.

I was curious though if it was just me.



Night its usually after around 10 mins



Had such a headache yesterday i vomited.[/QUOTE]



Hey, that doesn't sound good. :(



You sure it's your neck that's the real culprit and not your eyes in the case of the headache? How are your eyes doing?



I know for myself, I have eye sensitivity towards certain spectrums of lighting (I hate dusk lighting - everything blurs, for example) and if I play a game or watch a music visualizer that gives off certain colorations, I've gotten myself a migraine or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment