Friday, April 16, 2010

I'm confused PSP Go or PSP 3000

hi guys i want a psp so bad so should i wait till october or just buy me a psp 3000 in another way does the PSP go worth the waiting or notI'm confused PSP Go or PSP 3000
I think it hinges entirely on whether you are happy for ''download only'' games on the PSP Go or whether you would rather buy UMD's. To me I'm not convinced about entirely digital games - if my PSP breaks now I still have all the UMD's and my memory stick with game saves and I can just put them in a new PSP. With the Go that won't be an option. Unless Sony allow the downloading of games from the Go to a PC/external memory stick for back up purposes, but I can see that causing all sorts of ''copying'' issues so bet they don't!!I'm confused PSP Go or PSP 3000
Go comes with 16gigs of memory--that's all the advantage it holds, imho. Smaller screen--ick. Not to mention the 3000 (not the newer bundled ones) now has access to all ''grey'' (and black, lol) area features which can't be elaborated here. If you're willing to buy a decent capacity memory card there is no reason to wait imho. Especially if you're really impatient for it.
I really don't see anything in the psp go that makes it worth $80 more than the 3000, and w/ dell selling the 2000 for $120 I can't understand why anybody who doesn't have a psp would ever choose the Go.W/ the 3000 you'd have the choice to buy umd's, or buy from the PSN store. If you buy the go you'll be stuck w/ the store. Also keep this in mind that games on the PSN store will rarely go on sale, or clearance so if you buy your games on sale (or even used) that you're out of luck w/ the psp go.
Get a 3000.



A.) Best looking handheld out there, PSP Go is hideous.

B.) You can choose how big a memory card you want to get -- meaning you get the best of both worlds. Download whatever, and still buy UMDs.



Honestly the PSP Go has nothing going for it AND it's hella more expensive.
PSP 3000 is the better choice.
i say get both! use the 3000 till the psp go comes out then you can just trade the psp 3000 in for a psp go everyone wins!
[QUOTE=''eo_the_shaman'']i say get both! use the 3000 till the psp go comes out then you can just trade the psp 3000 in for a psp go everyone wins![/QUOTE]

No... I think Gamestop (or wherever) wins.
if you already have a PSP the GO is a waste of money... get a 3000, much better than the PSP GO
Get a 3000 ($170), buy a 16GB memory stick (~$65 or $25 for 8 GB)) and you have the same functionality as the GO for $15 less.



Minuses- slightly larger

Pluses- plays UMD's, cheaper, bigger screen, you can trade in old games, you don't have to wait
[QUOTE=''jrhawk42'']I really don't see anything in the psp go that makes it worth $80 more than the 3000, and w/ dell selling the 2000 for $120 I can't understand why anybody who doesn't have a psp would ever choose the Go.W/ the 3000 you'd have the choice to buy umd's, or buy from the PSN store. If you buy the go you'll be stuck w/ the store. Also keep this in mind that games on the PSN store will rarely go on sale, or clearance so if you buy your games on sale (or even used) that you're out of luck w/ the psp go.[/QUOTE]Amen to this :) !
[QUOTE=''Dark_prince123'']hi guys i want a psp so bad so should i wait till october or just buy me a psp 3000 in another way does the PSP go worth the waiting or not[/QUOTE]



do some research yourself, read the big 9 page+ official psp GO thread that is there in this forum, and decide for yourself. it's your money. even buying decisions need to be spoon fed these days...
Hello,I had the same question whether to get 3000 or Go and I think I'm going to get 3000 because the smaller size of Go isn't that important for me. Also, as long as I can get 8G or 16G memory stick for 3000 and assuming I can download games using 3000, 3000 seems fine with me too. However, I do have some consideration whether Go's quality, in terms of processor speed, screen quality etc, will be better. Any thoughts? thanks
[QUOTE=''bqefhpasdgpihw'']Hello,I had the same question whether to get 3000 or Go and I think I'm going to get 3000 because the smaller size of Go isn't that important for me. Also, as long as I can get 8G or 16G memory stick for 3000 and assuming I can download games using 3000, 3000 seems fine with me too. However, I do have some consideration whether Go's quality, in terms of processor speed, screen quality etc, will be better. Any thoughts? thanks[/QUOTE]as far as i know, the processor speed is the same ( 333Mhz if im correct ), the screen quality i think is better, but not that much ( as far as articles that i have readed around the web ) and it is 1/2 inch smaller...battery life will be the same as previous models. And the control layout seems uncomfortable in the Go!...at least for me ahahha :P
i decided to forego the go lol i sold my psp 2001 to my cousin so im just waiting till august gametop is releasing a mystic silver psp with Dissidia, Final Fantasy along with a 2 gig mem stick and copy of advent children. I think its a good bundle and if i want the download only games ill geta bigger memory stick though im not sure how big a memory stick the 3000 vcan hold but a 32 gig would cost less than the go and give me more memory. I love the psp but the go is just not an option with all the new ps3 games coming out and i think it'll feel awkward to hold since its so small plus the first wave of psps always have technical issues so if i do eventually get one (after a hefty price drop) itll be after they've released 4 or 5 production cycles worth of them
[QUOTE=''Kid_Notorious07'']i decided to forego the go lol i sold my psp 2001 to my cousin so im just waiting till august gametop is releasing a mystic silver psp with Dissidia, Final Fantasy along with a 2 gig mem stick and copy of advent children. I think its a good bundle and if i want the download only games ill geta bigger memory stick though im not sure how big a memory stick the 3000 vcan hold but a 32 gig would cost less than the go and give me more memory. I love the psp but the go is just not an option with all the new ps3 games coming out and i think it'll feel awkward to hold since its so small plus the first wave of psps always have technical issues so if i do eventually get one (after a hefty price drop) itll be after they've released 4 or 5 production cycles worth of them[/QUOTE]sounds good, and so true ( text in bold :D ) !!!
[QUOTE=''Ipik_Fenris'']the screen quality i think is better, but not that much[/QUOTE] I don't think much is known about the relative screen quality at this point. Since they aren't really pushing it as one of the upgrades I don't think there will be much difference. (it will obviously look a bit sharper because it is smaller... a trade-off that might have been positive if PSP's native resolution was a lot smaller)
The screen resolution of the PSP Go is supposed to be the same as the 3000. The only difference is that the Go has a smaller screen since they made the whole handheld smaller.



I'd say get the 3000. Just look at this math:

Go: 250$ (by itself with only the main accessories: ac charger + usb cable. That's supposed to be the unbundled price)

3000: 170$ + 2 8GB SDHC cards (13$ + 13$) + SDHC to pro duo adapter (14$) = 210$ (+ shipping since I used amazon for prices of the cards - about 15$) = 225$

lookie that, you still have 25$ left to buy games or accessories. Might even be cheaper if you looked at buy.com, sometimes they have better prices on cards and adapters.



Go: downloadable games only

3000: UMD and downloadable games both work on this system.



3000 pwns. Only way Go would win is if you really cared that it was smaller (which some people do. Smaller is practical)



Edit: Just a side note. If you buy cards and adapters in stores instead of online, then the Go would be probably be cheaper. But that's why online shopping rocks.
actually it does allow for expandable memory, meaning your games can be transfered from one to another. Honestly they wouldn't be smart enough to make the console if this was one of the problems. You don't give them enough credit.
Get the 3000.

No comments:

Post a Comment