Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Why is sony giving up PSP?

I just dont get it, you see games like Ratchet and Clanck and you go WhOA! That looks freaking amazing! And the screens for Call of Duty dont look to bad either. So I can't realy understand why it seems like they just wan't it to fade away. What 'bout some TES games, I wuld kill for a emulation of The Elder Scrolls Daggerfall on my PSP. And why are RPG's so feew and far between on the PSP? I just don't get it. Why not take a lesson from DS, make a less good looking game. but make it large and with desent gameplay. I live in europe, Norway acctualy. I can't get PS1 games, cause there are none PS3's here. Make it seperate from the PS3. I just don't uderstand? Anny one feel the same way? Why is sony giving up PSP?
they're not giving up on the pspWhy is sony giving up PSP?
Sony isnt giving up on PSP, theyre just neglecting it
They didn't even mention it on todays confrence. They might not want it to go away, but seems like they don't want use monney on it.
They actually DID mention it. Click Here
[quote]...
10:54: This year Sony will be adding deeper online functionality for the PSP later this year.
...
11:02: Turning it over to the audience for questions, the first

is ''What's Phil playing that isn't on a Sony platform?'' He says he

plays things for competitive analysis, but that the PS3 has enough for

him. He mentions that he's been playing the next LocoRoco game, then he

turns to a new PlayStation 3 downloadable game called Super Rub-O-Dub.

It's the duck demo from E3 turned into an entire game. You play with

the Sixaxis and tilt a pool of water to make a big duck move around,

picking up little ducks and moving them to an exit. It will be out in

the next few weeks.
...
The follow-up asks the obvious question about the PSP's place in all

this. Phil claims that the PSP isn't well-suited for homebrew. Croal

name drops Dark_Alex, the hacker that's been busting open the PSP's

firmware lately and opening it up for homebrew. Harrison has a sort of

cryptic response about future announcements.[/quote]

Oh, yeah... he just mentions that hes playing Loco Roco 2 and the fact that homebrewed stuff for the PSP won't be supported. And hes preepping us for more confences... now were talking... You got to admitt, thats pretty weak. I just wish that they wuld say that they wuld help dev's more with PSP games. Maybe make Devkitts cheaper... I don't know. Bring some exitement back into it!
I recently joined the PSP family (got it for Christmas) and I'm blown away at how impressive it is.  I'm a big DS guy but the PSP is just amazing.  I feel that Sony is neglecting it and this neglect of a great gaming device makes me fear for Sony gaming as a whole.  They are starting to seem like a company that can't succeed if they don't have everything going there way. 
The PSP is doing fine I think they will focus on it more now that the PS3 is finally out.

In fact, I just read a rumour that Ready At Dawn (Daxter) is making God of War PSP.

http://www.meristation.com/v3/des_noticia.php?id=cw45cb631f49c14%26pic=GEN




[QUOTE=''barlienb'']I just dont get it, you see games like Ratchet and Clanck and you go WhOA! That looks freaking amazing! And the screens for Call of Duty dont look to bad either. So I can't realy understand why it seems like they just wan't it to fade away. What 'bout some TES games, I wuld kill for a emulation of The Elder Scrolls Daggerfall on my PSP. And why are RPG's so feew and far between on the PSP? I just don't get it. Why not take a lesson from DS, make a less good looking game. but make it large and with desent gameplay. I live in europe, Norway acctualy. I can't get PS1 games, cause there are none PS3's here. Make it seperate from the PS3. I just don't uderstand? Anny one feel the same way? [/QUOTE]

Aww man I'd LOVE Morrowind on my PSP!
I agree with the Norwegian.  Having to have a PS3 to LEGITIMATELY play PS games on the PSP is BS.
I really dont know where all these doom and gloom owners are coming from.  Its like a bunch of little kids crying because the PSP isn't number one.  Fact is there are plenty of games to play in the present and future.  Yes there are a lack of ''high quality'' rpgs on the PSP.  But hell the same can be said for the DS.  The only rpg of note that the DS has gotten in the last 3 months is a remake of a 20 year old game(FF3).  The grass is always greener on the other side.
The ps3 which i happen to own is now out.It release in EU hasnt even occured yet.So thus they are pushing for that and thats why the psp is getting neglected a bit. I think that the psp wont last more than 1 or 2 more.Simpy for the fact that the games that are out are MOSTLY ports of other systems etc etc.I own one and do not like the sound of that,but its just simply the truth
I've been wondering the same thing.  I've been considering getting a PSP.  I already own a DS and a fairly good sized collection of games for it.  Some of the games interest me on the PSP, but I don't want to pick up a device that will end up dieing shortly after I get it, (meaning within a year or two).  It seems like most people use the thing for a media device rather a gaming platform and because of that there isn't much reason to get a PSP, because you can actually play games on a fully supported and thriving Nintendo handheld.  What else is coming down the road for the PSP that would make it worth picking up?
[QUOTE=''TOSgamer10'']I really dont know where all these doom and gloom owners are coming from.  Its like a bunch of little kids crying because the PSP isn't number one.  Fact is there are plenty of games to play in the present and future.  Yes there are a lack of ''high quality'' rpgs on the PSP.  But hell the same can be said for the DS.  The only rpg of note that the DS has gotten in the last 3 months is a remake of a 20 year old game(FF3).  The grass is always greener on the other side.[/QUOTE] The DS has a large number of RPGs out or coming out.  FF3, Izuna, Pokemon, Full Metal Alchemist, Children of Mana, Mario and Luigi: PiT, Contact.
sony is not giving up on the psp. They are just more focus on the ps3.
[QUOTE=''smileyryder34'']I've been wondering the same thing.  I've been considering getting a PSP.  I already own a DS and a fairly good sized collection of games for it.  Some of the games interest me on the PSP, but I don't want to pick up a device that will end up dieing shortly after I get it, (meaning within a year or two).  It seems like most people use the thing for a media device rather a gaming platform and because of that there isn't much reason to get a PSP, because you can actually play games on a fully supported and thriving Nintendo handheld.  What else is coming down the road for the PSP that would make it worth picking up? [/QUOTE]

I play my psp much more then then any console in my house at the moment....I mainly use my psp for playing games only. There are many great games, and i just love the ps1 emulator.
[QUOTE=''smileyryder34'']I've been wondering the same thing. I've been considering getting a PSP. I already own a DS and a fairly good sized collection of games for it. Some of the games interest me on the PSP, but I don't want to pick up a device that will end up dieing shortly after I get it, (meaning within a year or two). It seems like most people use the thing for a media device rather a gaming platform and because of that there isn't much reason to get a PSP, because you can actually play games on a fully supported and thriving Nintendo handheld. What else is coming down the road for the PSP that would make it worth picking up? [/QUOTE]http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25363735

[QUOTE=''NicktehImperial''][QUOTE=''barlienb'']I just dont get it, you see games like Ratchet and Clanck and you go WhOA! That looks freaking amazing! And the screens for Call of Duty dont look to bad either. So I can't realy understand why it seems like they just wan't it to fade away. What 'bout some TES games, I wuld kill for a emulation of The Elder Scrolls Daggerfall on my PSP. And why are RPG's so feew and far between on the PSP? I just don't get it. Why not take a lesson from DS, make a less good looking game. but make it large and with desent gameplay. I live in europe, Norway acctualy. I can't get PS1 games, cause there are none PS3's here. Make it seperate from the PS3. I just don't uderstand? Anny one feel the same way? [/QUOTE]

Aww man I'd LOVE Morrowind on my PSP![/QUOTE]

Me too!
I think there is only so much they can do, without lowering the price and creating good first party games.
[QUOTE=''smileyryder34''][QUOTE=''TOSgamer10'']I really dont know where all these doom and gloom owners are coming from.  Its like a bunch of little kids crying because the PSP isn't number one.  Fact is there are plenty of games to play in the present and future.  Yes there are a lack of ''high quality'' rpgs on the PSP.  But hell the same can be said for the DS.  The only rpg of note that the DS has gotten in the last 3 months is a remake of a 20 year old game(FF3).  The grass is always greener on the other side.[/QUOTE] The DS has a large number of RPGs out or coming out.  FF3, Izuna, Pokemon, Full Metal Alchemist, Children of Mana, Mario and Luigi: PiT, Contact.[/QUOTE] FF3's been out and was decent. Full Metal Alchemist got reviewed and was horrible. Contact's not great either but Pit is pretty good. So that leaves Izuna (with two reviews, both 6.5 :?) and Pokemon to come out. A good RPG and a decent one isn't that great. But I think Pokemon should be great. As for the PSP, Kingdom of Paradise and hopefully Crisis Core:FF7 later on. Good thing I hate RPGs, there aren't that many.

No comments:

Post a Comment