Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Socom FTB3 Demo

Opinions?Socom FTB3 Demo
I haven't downloaded it, but I can't wait to try it (that and the Lunar demo). I'll post something a bit later. Socom FTB3 Demo
I couldn't download it on my memory stick because it was too full, so I got the echoshift demo instead, which was pretty awesome. I erased that demo and like thirty songs off my card and downloaded the FTB3 demo, but I haven't gotten around to starting it yet.
Update.I played it. It is decent, but that may be because I only play pc games lately, but still overall SFTB3 is good, based on the demo.
I tried playing it as a FPS by not using Lock-on.....and, yea it doesn't work too well
I just finished it and i thought it was really fun. It could have been harder though.Overall im pretty pumped
I really wanted to get a feel of the online component but the campaign was solid. I plan on playing the campaign on infrastructure after I beat it by myself and it feels great if 4 players cooperate. Will be a first day psn buy for me.
I like it a lot, actually... I haven't dug previous entries in the series on PSP, but this one feels different. Up to this point my fav on the PSP has been ''Tactical Strike but I may pick this game up - Really not all that interested in the online as I don't buy games on the PSP with that in mind, and I hope I'm wrong about the imminent hacker explosion on day-1 of the release (Slant 6 has a plan, I guess, but I'm confident the hackers will get around it they ALWAYS do). It would be fun to get online with a few of ya and shoot each other in the face...
Moving your character seemed a little loose to me, but other than that I thought it was very well-done. It very well could be a purchase for me...depends on where the money is when it comes out.
It was alright but im not going to waste $40 on that game for a 5 hour long story mode and an online mode full of hackers. Im gonna get MGS PW instead.
[QUOTE=''J_MAVERIX'']It was alright but im not going to waste $40 on that game for a 5 hour long story mode and an online mode full of hackers. Im gonna get MGS PW instead.[/QUOTE]



Word.



As with all games these days, it won't be a launch purchase... when it gets down to $20 at least, that's when I usually pounce. I loved ''SOCOM 2'' for PS2, and I consider that game to be the pinnacle of the series for me personally (though as I already stated I thought ''Tactical Strike'' was awesome)... this title looks to be very much a ''SOCOM 2'' feel and look. Though it may not be as complex or large scale as those console games were this itteration looks strong.



I agree about the hackers 100%... damn shame.



I wonder if you can lock games with a password online? Because I would play with a few of the people I've met on the forums over the last few years... we could start a clan and call it ''OFW''.



Hardy-Har!
The Socom FTB3 Demo was good .I am just looking forward to the online play.Since that the only game of i know to have a multiplayer online inferstructure.If anyone else have any good online games i could look for.I would be most please.
[QUOTE=''blacknight06'']I tried playing it as a FPS by not using Lock-on.....and, yea it doesn't work too well[/QUOTE]

Same. It worked fairly well for me, though I didn't enjoy it much.
[QUOTE=''Luigi12901'']I couldn't download it on my memory stick because it was too full, so I got the echoshift demo instead, which was pretty awesome. I erased that demo and like thirty songs off my card and downloaded the FTB3 demo, but I haven't gotten around to starting it yet.[/QUOTE]I hear ya. I only have a 1 gig stick to use, and I reserve that for demos and savegames. I don't even know how to get movies/songs/pictures on my PSP... :(I gotta get an 8 gig stick.
I haven't played the demo yet, but is it similar to SOCOM FTB2? I am thinkng of getting FTB3 but I already have FTB2......
[QUOTE=''Mario_Eater'']I haven't played the demo yet, but is it similar to SOCOM FTB2? I am thinkng of getting FTB3 but I already have FTB2......[/QUOTE]



I like it better than FTB2... I got rid of that one almost a week after purchase because it didn't feel 'right', and th online was so rife with cheating that I couldn't see hanging onto it. But perhaps I'm wrong and the two games are very similar... didn't you only have one other squad member in FTB2 as apposed to the full four-man team in FTB3? Anyone? I'm old and my mind is starting to rot from staring at ''PONG'' from an early age...



*poot*



... 'scuse me.

No comments:

Post a Comment