Wednesday, April 14, 2010

my psp analog stick is giving me trouble

so when ever im playing a game where i have to move with the analogy stick, say monster hunter or metal gear portable ops, when im moving forward i hold the analog stick forward then after a while my character suddenly stops and go stop and go, and sometimes the character just out right runs the other way all while im still holding the analog stick forward, so im wondering if anyone else has had this problem and knows how to fix it? i had a similar problem with my d pad a while ago and i had to open it up and clean it and was wondeirng if this is the same problem but with my analog stick instead.my psp analog stick is giving me trouble
i have the same issue...im not sure how to fix it..so i might end up just opening the thing up to clean it ..not sure if that will fix it ..but i hope soanybody else have any ideas on what to do ?my psp analog stick is giving me trouble
spray wd-40?
for me ...and most likely the other dudeits not a matter of the analog catching...or getting stuckjust our characters are moving wrongly ...or moving without moving our analog
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
I had the sticking problem on my old 1000. I opened up the PSP and the analog nub and clean the contacts. It's worked fine since. If it's no longer under warranty, I suggest you give that a try. Check out youtube for videos on how to open up your psp.
YES!!That's also my problem.
Ha, I had this exact same problem with my PSP 1000 Model, it used to drive me mad! I believe I was playing Star Wars: The Force Unleashed when it really started playing up, then when it started doing it with Dissidia: Final Fantasy, I really wanted to get it fixed. BIG TIP: Do not spray anything directly into/onto the analog, I did this and it caused my PSP to shut down and soon after condensation appeared inside my screen. It works now, but it took some drying out. What's happened is inside your PSP, right where the analog is, there is a thin plastic 'O' shape that goes around your actual analog stick. In my case, this had been bent and snapped somehow (maybe due to the amount of time spend on Monster Hunter). You can either replace it yourself if you know how, or see if you can buy spare parts on Ebay. I, however, just straightened it and fixed it with some sticky tape. I havent had a problem with it ever since, although I do use my new PSP Slim nowadays, I do occasionally play on my 1000 model with ''certain'' games. If you don't want to open up your PSP, it's perfectly understandable, but whatever you do I'd advise not to spray anything on to the analog.



Hope this helps...
I also have this problem sometimes. Sometimes my characters moves to the left even if I don't touch the analog stick, another time it's okay... But oh well, my PSP's very old.

No comments:

Post a Comment